Monday, August 2, 2021

July was a blur


Well....hello there.
How was your July?
Let me tell you about mine!

First, a weekend in Chicago with a friend.
It was supposed to be a trip to go to the Dave Matthews Band concert,
but the show was postponed to an August date (that I can't make now)
but we decided to make the trip anyway.

We visited the Shedd Aquarium


Mantis shrimp, the most bad-ass of the shrimps.
Really. Look them up. They're kind of amazing.


mmmm, rainbow ice cream. :^)


Fairgrounds iced oatmilk Matcha latte. Yummmm!


Tasty coconut rum drink, served in a coconut.


Beatniks on the River is such a cool place!
The food was tasty, and we enjoyed the drinks.
Then off we went to grab a ride on one of the architectural boat tours.


After our boat tour on the Chicago River, we made our way to Navy Pier
for another boat ride on the Tall Ship Windy.


Ahoy!


We were in the right spot to help with raising one of the sails



Then we went to the top of the Hancock Building.
We did the Tilt ride too, which tilts people out over the street below, from
100 stories above, with only a pane of glass between you and a
messy death.


Once back home, there was much to do.

I fell out of an airplane (see a previous post about my skydiving adventure),
played several gigs, including a show (Guys and Dolls).


Attended friend's wedding.
Hooray!!


Guys and Dolls!


Momster and I finished our 12th Bix7 race. It was slow and hot, 
but we finished it. I am a bit out of shape, apparently, so the
plan this month is to kick my own butt back into running shape.



The state of mind, visualized.


Got some sweet corn. Yummo!
Summer may now continue as regularly scheduled.

Now that I feel like I've cleaned the slate, I can
look forward to another trip coming up next week, and
getting everything organized and prepared for the school year,
hopefully a return to my studio teaching space, and honor band
auditions. And also two half marathons in September.

Okay, let's go.

👟👟 

No comments:

Post a Comment