Sunday, December 27, 2020

Christmas 2020

 


Happy Christmas!

Packed up the car with prezzies and stocked up on caffiene, and hit the road
for Christmas with the fam.


Sugar-free Red Bull as per usual, and the Oatmilk Java Monster
is surprisingly not awful tasting. My family isn't much for
coffee, so I have to provide for myself on Christmas morning.


Have bag of presents, will travel.




Christmas Eve is "drive to the parents' house" day.
I took a different route than normal, because I've gotten
a bit bored with the usual "over the river and through the woods".


On Christmas Day, Mom and I took the boys to the park to ride
their new scooters. I did a bit of jogging around in the freezing cold,
and even took a spin on one of the scooters myself.


The beard kept my face warm. It's a toy beard
that I safety-pinned to a face mask.
And lots of layers, because it was darn cold.
Thermal pants under my running pants.
T-shirt, running jacket, and sweater, plus the coat.
Ho! HO! HOoooOOOo!



Detour on the drive home, after saying goodbye to the fam.
A short stop in Columbus Junction to a walk on the Swinging Bridge.






When I got home, I found this had come in the mail. 
I had ordered this a few weeks ago, while searching for something else.
Because apparently I shop for stuff by searching for other stuff.
What a great mask! 🐦


I made some mulled wine! Cinnamon stick, and oranges and brandy
and everything. It turned out so hot and cozy-tasting! 


Yum!


I hope whatever you chose to celebrate this year gave you
some happiness and comfort. A Covid Christmas is different
than normal, but some changes are necessary to keep more
of our loved ones with us.


💋💖













No comments:

Post a Comment