Sunday, December 30, 2018

New Year

Well it's that time to take stock and decide if it's worth
going on for another year.




So I've cleaned out the closet, taken down the Halloween and Christmas decorations,
donated some old towels and sheets to the local pet shelter,
and have given some thought to what I want next year to look like.

The main pillars of life to be examined are:

Financial
Physical
How many books did I read?
Where is my coffee cup?
Can I write even more lists?

Financial

This is pretty obvious. Am I broke? How much money do I owe to the Mob?
Where can I cut back a bit more to reach my ever-expanding, high-minded goals?
Can I really afford that weekend vacation?


Physical

The glorious recounting of my physical achievements.
This year I finished two half marathons, a mile swim challenge, the Bix7,
and a handful of short races. I managed to keep a fairly steady gym-going
 routine, cheating only occasionally.

Books

Starting about 5 years ago I started keeping track of the books I read each year.
My average is 18 books a year. How has 2018 held up?
I have listed 15 books, which is a bit low by my standards.
So next year I'll have to watch a bit less YouTube and open a few more books.

Coffee Cup Location

I know where my coffee cup is! And I have several backup cups should something
horrible happen to the current stainless steel Starbucks model I've had for about 5 years.
I tend to keep things until they don't work anymore.

List status

I think I can write more lists. Not only to keep myself from becoming a
do-nothing lump, but to write here in this blog. There are a few ideas in the ol' noodle.


Aside from the usual goals of not spending so much money and maintaining a
normal-sized human shape, I think I want to try some new things with video editing.
Learn some new songs on piano, ukulele and guitar.
Finish my composition. (Currently called EIWOB, but the name may change)
I want to finish my first puppet.
Travel. I have places I want to see, damn it! Gotta get out and see them!

Maybe another tattoo. I have a design I've been thinking about for
several years (before the Bowiemania took hold and essentially took over
my entire existence and resulted in David Bowie now permanently etched onto my arm)
that I think it's now time to put into flesh.



To take you into 2019, here is Cthuhlu on a Cheezit cracker.
Always watching. Judging and biding his time until deciding you've had
enough of this life and taking you for himself.

Auld Lang Syne!

No comments:

Post a Comment