Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Puppet Project - Beginning

I need a puppet.


And I can't find one that I like for a project I'm trying to cobble together.

I need one with an expressive mouth and isn't too small and doesn't look weird.

So, I guess I'm going to have to make one.

Well, today was my first try.

It didn't go too great.

I did a bit of research online, looking for either a partial-made puppet that I could 
customize (my first choice) or a tutorial on how to make one that will
fit my needs.

A partial-made puppet apparently doesn't exist. So, I took to the Interwebs for
ways to make the puppet of my dreams. A trip to JoAnn's Fabric and Craft later,
armed with what I now realize is the wrong kind of foam, I came  back home
and found a head pattern.

Then I tried to mold the pattern into a head using the wrong kind of foam.



It sort of looks right, but it still sucks.
Not good. This isn't my puppet. But it was a good learning experience.
Failing is learning, right?

So now I need to track down a more appropriate kind of foam and try again
(also with glue that works with foam, because the sewing job is not gonna do the job.

Let's try this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment