Friday, September 3, 2021

Yellowstone Adventure - Part 2

On the road again.


We picked up our new friends, then head out, leaving Utah and into Wyoming.
The mountains started to rise on the horizon and we saw lots of pronghorns.
A pronghorn is like an antelope, but it isn't an antelope.
It isn't a goat or a gazelle either. They kind of look like deer.
It's just a North American mammal that has horns (not antlers).


This is a pronghorn. (I took this picture from the Internet.)


We had a lunch stop in Jackson Hole, WY.
I've seen this name on T-shirts, but didn't know what it is.
I learned that Jackson Hole is the entire valley next to
the Grand Tetons. Jackson is the fancy resort town.


Jackson. Home to expensive hotels, shops and tourists.


Couldn't stay long though, we had bigger mountains to fry.

We headed into Grand Teton National Park.



My trailhead is across this lake. Jenny Lake.
Named for the Shoshone Indian wife of Richard Leigh, while
assisting the Hayden Expedition of 1872.
I took the boat shuttle across the lake... 


...to get this view from the dock. Wow!
There are bears up there.


Before taking the lakeside trail back to where I started, I hiked up to
Hidden Falls.



The Hidden Falls.


The trail took me back around the lake. I took a few minutes
to scramble out onto some large rocks for a closer look at the water.



Mid-hike selfie.


It took me about an hour to hike back to the starting point where 
we were to meet up again to head out to camp.



Absolutely stunning. :-)


Got our camp set up, dinner ready for hungry hikers.
This was an exposed campground. We needed to put stuff in
a bear box overnight to not attract bears. This was also one of
the roughest campsites I've stayed in. But I wasn't eaten by a bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment