Sunday, September 26, 2021

Crashing through September


Hey, lotsa stuff happened in September!

End of August, had lunch with the 'rents.
Here is Dad looking at the Muscatine section of the Mississippi River.



I took August off, but returned to Kuk Sool class for more punching and kicking.
Going for that green belt, I guess.


An incredibly sweet person I met on the Yellowstone trip sent me
a care box full of Kit Kats and some Japanese treats.
One night at camp I had mentioned that I couldn't find the
funny flavoured Kit Kats anywhere. 

After I got home, a box arrived full of treats.
Kit Kats in many flavours, but also Choco Pies an the
crispy rice cake like things that were kinda sweet, and grew on me.


Played in a Labor Day parade.
The Budweiser Clydesdales were a big feature for the parade,
so we were asked to play the Budweiser "Here Comes the King" song
about a gazillion times.




I managed to get the local art museum to catch the Pop Art exhibit before it left town.


Keith Haring


Andy Warhol


Roy Lichtenstein


More Warhol
And pieces from Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst, Takashi Murakami,
and Claes Oldenburg. It was a great exhibit for one who loves modern art.




Last year I'd signed up to run the Clinton half marathon.
But it was postponed to this month, so I got myself up early on a Sunday
and got my miles on. It was a good training run for the QC half 2 weeks later.





Played some circus music for the NAMI mental health walk....


...then had to move quick to play polka music with a saxophone
ensemble in Maquoketa. Maqtoberfest. Polka. Get it?






Joan Jett and the Blackhearts!


Joan Jett showing us all why she's a rawk legend.
They played a solid 1.5 hour set, with the
expected hits and lots of other great tunes. The crowd was responsive
and appreciative and it was a great show!




Went with a friend to Niabi Zoo's Pints for Preservation.
A fund-raising, beer-tasting event to support a new exhibit featuring 
African dogs. I'll have to return to the zoo during open hours to see
the new animals.


We did get there with enough time to see the white rhino, a couple
of the giraffes, the lion, an eagle, and a couple of leopards.
And tasted lots of fun craft brews from all over the country.


It did rain for about 30 minutes, but I had remembered to bring an umbrella,
so we only got a little bit soggy and not soaked through.
It was a really fun night at the zoo.



Had another job on the riverboat and watched the sunset, and
played a couple good sets for happy, appreciative dancing passengers.
Good to have work again.


Let's do another 13 miles!
I mean, I know we just did this 2 weeks ago, 
but let's do it again! wheeee!


Last time running the old I-74 before it gets taken down. 
The new bridge is on the right with the arches.



Second half marathon finished this month.

End of the month is near.
October is shaping up to be just as packed with
great stuff to keep me busy.
Now, I need to get some stretching in and get some sleep
because there's all sorts of shenanigans coming up.

Keep it chill, Antelopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment