Sunday, March 28, 2021

Tasty Food and Silver Chains





I tried some Jamaican food. We have a Jamaican place in town!
Had some coconut curried shrimp. The coleslaw was good.
Nice flavor to the shrimp.
The bread-like thing behind the rice is called festival bread.
It's dense, chewy and ever so slightly sweet.
I'll probably go back to try something else.
I love having so many different cuisines available!


Puppet 1 and Puppet 1.5
Puppet 2.0 is being built.
Puppet 1.5 is a testing puppet.
Puppet 1 is a train-wreck.


yeah, baby.


Look at these vaccinated people!
My parents came into town for a visit.
We had lunch and hung out on the Riverfront for a bit.
They both got their first Covid vaccine shots.
Can't wait for my turn at the needle.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before...

...and after!

The old  metal thing had to go.
I've had it for years and years. It never did fit in
this room though. I'd bought it for the last apartment
and just kinda inelegantly crammed it into this one.
The new ladder thing takes up much less space,
makes my tiny bathroom seem a tiny bit larger, 
and forced me to re-evaluate what stuff gets to stay
and what stuff needs to go.

There's been a lot of that lately.
Yet another round of clean and purge.
A few things have been sold, some other stuff
outright given away. 
Nearly everything in the apartment has been either
repaired, cleaned, removed or made to
prove itself in a death-match for its rightful
place in the house.


Some face-mask maintenance.
Before the old bathroom metal thing was taken away, it
served its last function as a clothesline.
Air-dry and sunlight.
Keep yer masks clean. Don't be a covidiot.


Finally nice enough to brew up some sun tea.




Got a bit of a bug to get a few specific silver chains.
I like this Return to Tiffany style.
However, I am in no condition to be buying these at
new prices. So I took to the InterToobs to find one second hand!
And I found this one.
It's in great shape, worn only once or twice, according to the
seller. And I nabbed it for a price I was more willing to pay.
It is a nice chain. I added a few links to extend it a bit.

In true Jennifer style I also tracked down a heart tag toggle chain.
(Which, if I'm being honest, is what I was searching for to 
begin with, but got a bit sidetracked with the Return to 
Tiffany chain.)
Again, used, this one a bit more vintage than the Return To chain.
It was a bit dark, and the blue bag was missing.
But after a good polish it brightened right up. Added a few extra links to extend it a bit too,
and I really love it. Good weight, smooth silver.


And that's how I picked up two Tiffany necklaces for less than
the price of one of them. Truthfully, I tend to prefer time-tested
vintage things anyway.
Apparently, I aspire to be dripping in opals and fine silver.


Made some banana bread with a few mushy bananas.
Turned out really well, I thought.
It was tasty anyway.


Today I made African peanut stew.
It was really easy to put together, and turned out great.
Mine is a vegetarian/vegan variety of peanut stew,
but a simple search will give you lots of great recipes
to make your own. Serve with brown rice and you 
have a warm, satisfying meal.


💖💖💖


 

No comments:

Post a Comment