Monday, March 1, 2021

Are you not Inspired?!


I made a stop motion video!
Head over to my YouTube channel to check it out!
(search for Lawnchair Antelopes)



I had plans to go to Mardi Gras this year, but the Rona Rampage cancelled the parades.
So my office-mates brought Mardi Gras to me!
So sweet!


The new rover, Perseverance, landed on Mars.
Already got some pictures back! ;-)


Threw together a pretty tasty tuna casserole.
Check out those bonus greens and that crunchy topping!


The leftover pieces the tortilla chips were cut from were
baked and sent through. Seen here on my homemade veggie chili. Yum!
Mmmm...corn-tortilla puzzle....*Homer Simpson drool*


There is a new 45th anniversary vinyl out now of Bowie's
Station to Station album. I adore this album, so wanted to get one of the
new white or red discs. I found one from a shop in West Virginia who
very quickly and efficiently sent me a white disc copy
(white or red at random). 
I put it on my audio-technica player and was devastated to
hear the entire record skip horribly. It was basically unlistenable.
So, sadly, I returned it to the shop; for refund because I didn't have 
the heart to try again with another one.

However, I still wanted a copy of this album and since Parlophone
can't be trusted with quality control, I decided to scout out an old copy.
From a seller on a Popular Auction Website I found an RCA pressing from 1976.
The box is in rough shape, but the record itself is clean and plays great.


Success!!
Even Alejandro is stoked.


Happy Turtle stretching into the heat of the heat lamp.
I love to see  her so relaxed and happy.


Set a new challenge for myself.
I signed up for a virtual challenge through
the Conqueror Events to swim the English Channel.
Virtually, of course. You don't have to strictly swim the distance,
but I am choosing to swim the length. Because it's water and seems appropriate.
It'll be good to have a motivator to help get me off the couch.


Resident QCA grey parrot checking in.
You'd better be acting right!


The snow is melting!! I can see the street again!
And use my deck stairs without slipping and falling to my doom!


Made it across the River to a local Indian restaurant that I
haven't been able to visit since the world locked down.
They're buffet is amazing, but even though that is still
closed, they have a supremely tasty vegetarian menu.
So yum!


And, finally, I leave you with this inspirational quote on a landscape.
Are you not inspired?!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment