Saturday, January 16, 2021

Timberland Review: One year later

 


Timberland Boot Review.
Let me tell you what I really think.
About a year ago I bought two pairs of Timberland boots.
Taking advantage of a sweet sale deal, I paid for two pairs what
I would have paid for one pair.
I got the purple pull-on pair as shown above and the
more traditional model in grey as shown below.


The initial try-on was okay.
They fit true to my size, with just enough room to accommodate 
winter socks. But they were not comfortable right out of the box.

I didn't return them because some internet research told me that these
boots need some break-in time. So I broke them in.
It took a while, and I can't quite place when they suddenly became comfy, 
but after sporadically taking them out for some walking and to work,
both pairs suddenly became very cozy.
The purple pair went with me on a short camping trip.
The weird crease in the left boot worked itself out and by the end of the
weekend, they felt solid and nicely worn in. I can definitely see
myself taking these on more serious camping trips in the future.
The pull-on, no-laces feature alleviates anxiety about loose strings.
Can't risk tripping on laces when hiking on rocky trails.
The height of the boot also provides some ankle support and
they feel very secure on my feet.

The grey pair was the dodgier of the two. The sole has a bit of a lift built in
that took a lot of time to get used to, but I can now go down stairs without feeling
like I am going to trip and tumble down because I can't feel where my heel is.
These also took longer to feel really broken-in, in comparison to the purple pair.
I am now quite happy with them.

As someone who lives in a Midwestern climate, my footwear
is subjected to snow, rain, ice and heat. Having a more rugged option
for a somewhat stylish and versatile boot is critical without sacrificing
practicality. I've never been a flimsy, ballet flat-wearing kind of girl, 
but I also avoid ugly footwear. These seem to bridge the gap well.
I'm also not one to abide poorly fit footwear. When I buy shoes
I want them to feel good. I want shoes that I can walk around in
without worrying about how my feet are doing. I guess it's
age that's led me to this conclusion. I am getting too old to
put up with poorly made, painful footwear.


Cozy and dry toes. Fresh in from walking in the snow.


Because I can't stop when I find something that turns me on,
a few months after I bought the above pairs I ordered this pair
of chukka boots. I wanted a low-top option, while keeping with the
rugged theme. Something more appropriate for lighter travel, 
that may or may not include out-doorsy stuff.

These tan coloured chukkas ticked the boxes.
Lighter than the high-tops, but still waterproof and tough.
They went with me this past summer to Seattle and Oregon 
and kept my feet happy while walking all over town and
hiking the trails in Crater Lake.
They took less time to break in, and didn't have the weird crease
problem the other boots had. The felt pretty good right away, and
felt even better as they wore-in. The padded
ankle trim feels nice on bare skin. The only drawback is without long
socks, the tongue leaves chafe marks on my ankles. No blisters
though, so it's manageable, and the chafing may go away as the 
leather continues to soften. 

So that's my review of three styles of Timberland boots.
Overall, I'm happy with them, and hope they hold up for many more years.
🥾🥾🥾



No comments:

Post a Comment