Monday, November 2, 2020

October Ends

 


October ends.



Get your costumes on, it's Halloween!
This year I decided to be a plague doctor. Of sorts.


Kinda bummed that my original Halloween plans had been cancelled,
so a couple of friends and I decided to make the best of a crummy situation and
took a stroll in the East Village on Halloween night.
We met for some drinks and some nibbles at one of my favorite
local restaurant/bar/coffee shop joints, then just walked around,
stopping for another sip at a different bar.

We sat outside, and I, armed with a bag of candy, 
took the opportunity to throw the candy at innocent passers-by.




Can't keep a good plague doctor down.

It was a short night, but a relatively good time was had by all.
And I managed to give away all of the candy I had with me.
Mostly by throwing it at people. Because, you know,
social distancing and all.
Like any self-respecting plague doctor would do.


Found a new Kit Kat flavor. 
Apple Pie. Not too bad! 🍎🎂


Spooky photo time.


Watched some Vincent Price movies.
"The Last Man on Earth"
"The Bat"
"The House on Haunted Hill"
Muahahahahahahaha!


Dia de Muertos!
Alejandro makes a lovely sugar skull.


Sadly, Halloween has come to an end.
So Alejandro sorrowfully helps to pack up the ghouls and severed hands for next year.


But the day after Halloween is the 50% off sale at the Spirit Halloween store!
So I wander in to see what's left.
Pick up this "Basic Scythe", because who knows when you'll need a scythe?
Even a basic one.
It's good to have one on hand.


This snazzy witch doctor hat.
The feathers need a bit of tidying.


And a pink wig. Wigs are always good to stock up on.
They can be used and re-used in a variety of looks, and really polish a costume.


And tomorrow is Election Day in the U.S.
Take off the edge with some rather refreshing Shiner Ruby Redbird beer.
Low carb and light.

I have turned in my census count, cast my vote, and have paid my taxes.
Civic duties done.
I hope the orange man loses.
Because I want his head on a pike.


Clean house!

XOXOX!











No comments:

Post a Comment