Monday, March 30, 2020

Review Roundup

It's time once again for a review of an assortment of random stuff!


First, these Teva sandals are awesome.
I got them (on a discount sale I think?) at least three years ago...?
I had them at least by 2017 because I took them with me to Seattle.
Anyway I think they're the Original Universal model.
They've been in the sea and the sand and on rocks
and boats and pavement, and have never once
given me a blister. 
5/5 ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
Do recommend.



The Swiss Gear backback.
There are a lot of models from this brand. 
Find one that suits you. Either way, you'll have a pack
that's lightweight, durable, and still looks great after
several trips through airports, stuffed under
airplane seats, and will protect your stuff from
rain and dirt.
Not waterproof, but seems to be water-resistant enough
to get through some rain without ruining your stuff.
5/5 ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
Do recommend.



Neck pillow from Homedics.
I've forgotten when and where I found this, but I 
know I bought it because the current travel pillow 
wasn't working for me. 
(As much as I loved the idea of a blow up, collapsible neck pillow, 
on execution, it just didn't do the job for me.)

Anyway. The super soft cover can be removed for washing, 
and the inner memory foam is just so perfect.
The two sides come together with a snap closure, 
useful for attaching the pillow to a bag or suitcase, great for when  
running frantically through an airport or train
station without needing to worry about dropping your pillow.
I use it, of course on the plane or train while travelling, 
but I've also put it into service as a pillow at the hostels
or hotels or cabins when the provided pillows just aren't enough.
5/5 ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
Do recommend.


While pulling together stuff for the trip to San Ignacio,
I realized that everything shown in this picture is the bare
minimum to get me through a few days without my usual at-home stash of stuff.
-Sunglasses (protect your peepers!)
-toothpaste and travel toothbrush
-small hairbrush
-sunscreen (face and body)
-hand sanitizer
-hair elastic and clip
-contact solution and case
-lip balm
-whatever is in the makeup bag
-the waterproof flashlight was a specific need for
the Lagoon trip, but it was incredibly useful
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lip balm shown is the Brazilian Kiss
Cupuacu Lip Butter, and, while I liked it,
the amount in the tube just didn't seem to
last as long as I thought it should for its price point.
It is very moisturizing though, and it smells amazing.
3/5 ⚓⚓⚓
Recommend, but with reservations.


Finally, Timberland boots.
I ran into a sale promotion for these, and so picked up two pairs.
The result was a two-for-price-of-one deal. Not too shabby.

The purple pair, shown above, were super comfortable at try on,
but the left shoe has a weird crease in the leather that hurts my foot a bit.
It seems to be loosening though, so I'll keep breaking them in, with the 
hope that they will be worn in enough to take with
me on my next big trip in August.
They are the Jayne Convenience Boot.

The grey pair, shown below, is the traditional Timberland boot.
The first day in these was a trip. Literally.
I nearly tripped a few times trying to get used to them.
However, once I got past the awkward learn-how-to-walk-in-new-boots
phase, and they started to break in a bit, and they became much more comfy.



They are a heavy boot, but seem durable, and both models 
I chose are waterproof. Great for the rain and snow of the Midwest climate.
 It will be interesting to see how well
they wear over a few years, and how long I can make them last.
4/5 ⚓⚓⚓⚓
Recommend, pending further judgment.


No comments:

Post a Comment