Sunday, March 8, 2020

Voodoo Lily

I had a wind ensemble concert today, but before I had to be
at the hall, I made a trip to Rock Island to visit the QC Botanical Center.


I wanted to see, and smell, the voodoo lily!
I'd like to one day see a corpse flower, but until then, I
can happily say I've seen this stinky flower!


They're bigger than I expected. The tallest one was just a bit shorter than me.
The Botanical Center has about seven of them, but only half of those were beyond
the bulb/shoots stage.


These kinds of flowers are so bizarre.
The pointy bit looks fleshy (I didn't touch it, but I wondered what it felt like)
and the petal parts look leathery.


They do smell like rotting flesh.
Not too overwhelming, but I could definitely tell when
I got nearer to them.

Visit the stinky flowers near you!
💮💮

No comments:

Post a Comment