Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Goodbye 2019


The obligatory end of year, nearly new year blog post.
I sit here with my my glass of bubbly...


....and think back on how 2019 shook out.


There were a few setbacks, but I think I managed to make the most of it.


Visited New Orleans and Oak Valley plantation.
Saw an early Mardi Gras parade, ran a half marathon through my favorite city.


Experimented a lot with selfies.
Expect more of these.
Sorry, not sorry.


Ran a race along the ocean!


Visited Mexico. I'm international, at last!





Trying to learn new chords. New ukulele stuff.


Finally made a successful puppet.
Welcome to the world, Titanic Puppet!
I will now work on Iceberg Puppet...


Saw Paul McCartney in concert!


lots of coffee....slurp.


And Bryan Ferry!



Monument Valley is amazing. I loved every moment there!


Some Christmas day silliness.



I have plans for 2020.
I want to read more books.
I want to travel more. 
Kick a few things off the bucket list.
Drink more coffee.

Not to get too philosophical, but our lives are miserable and short.
It's important to recognize what's important to you and take hold of
that and wring the life out of it. Do what will make you happy 
(barring hurting other people or breaking things), and remember
that life is far too fleeting to worry too much about how others
view you. 
I gave up trying to make people like me years ago.
And I've been happier for it. I pursue my interests.
I look for ways to make my dreams come true.
Sure, sometimes there are compromises to your dreams,
but if you can get close to what you want, you may
find you're more resourceful than you thought.

If you're still reading this, I wish you the best for the next year.
You are important.
You are loved.
Be good to yourself and to each other.
🎉🎈🎆🎇

No comments:

Post a Comment