Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Saxophones, flutes, and Ahab, oh my!

Welcome to the holiday season. 🎄
Let's start with a festive sweater:
It's Moby Dick! I love it!
Everyone is here for caroling and festivities: 
Ahab, Ishmael, Queequeg, First Mate(?), and The Whale.
It's a design from Hands Off My Dinosaur. Check it out!


Saxophone Christmas!


80 saxophone players descended upon the local mall to play
Christmas tunes for unsuspecting passers-by who just want to find a
new pair of socks at Dillards, gosh darn it.



 

 Later that same day, I joined Piccolo Christmas, a collection of nearly
50(?) flute players to play Christmas tunes for suspecting audience
members who came to the venue to see this exact thing.


One tune was performed with everybody on piccolos, which winds up sounding like a carillon.
I won a gift card for playing a not longer than anyone else. Swimmer lungs!

 






Decorated the apartment a bit.

The cactus got some Santa hats, the Grinch was released from his boxy prison, and the pickle took its place on the willow branch. Even sparkled up a bit with some tinsel.

That's about all I can handle. No tree for this tiny apartment.








 

I played the last musical of the year at Music Guild in Moline. 
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: The Musical
A very cute show based on the book by Barbara Robinson, 
that I read a gazillion times as a kid.


And at the end of a Saturday filled with saxophones, flutes, 
and the Horrible Herdmans, I met up with Chicago Dion, who was in
town to work on his podcast. We played Frogger and Tapper
and closed down the arcade bar. Good times!

So the first week of December is behind me and I'm over my cold.
Ready to tackle the rest of 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment