Saturday, June 15, 2024

Hot Cicada Body Summer


Gettin some chillaxin time before the calendar blows up.

Wedding reception job. What a neat venue!


The next day, I drove to Morrison, IL and along the way saw one
of the CyberTrucks. What a goofy looking car.


Have horns, will travel.


Second job of the weekend was for a outdoor festival in Morrison



It was on the fairgrounds, and some of the audience were these horses.
I can't tell if they were impressed or not.


And still managed to get to the jazz jam for a little bit after I got back to Davenport.


Throwback to 2018!
Horsey photoshoot in Louisville, KY




back to the office. Werk, werk, werk.


Have been eating a lot of Caesar salad kits lately.
I threw in some cherry tomatoes and salmon pieces and took
it to the next level. Very tasty.


Woke up to some calming morning light. 
Had to snap a picture. 
XOXO Love from Screaming Pines.


world's most adorable grey parrot 😍


tasty Ethiopian food!
My favorite restaurant in town is closing at the end of the month.
I'm so bummed.


This is the door to the basement. It's a crappy slab of crappy wood
with hinges and a doorknob. I am unable to replace the door at this
time, but I do have some lovely blue paint and so gave it
a facelift. It's still a crappy slab of a door, but now it's at least nicer to look at.


Old desk.
I got this desk when I bought the house.
It's fine. But small. No complaints with regard to its design
or construction. It was what I needed at the time.
The boss at the office got some new office furniture for another
employee, and so had an old desk that he offered to me.


New desk!
I love it. Lots of room, work space, smoother edges, comfier to work at.
Shuffled a few things around and now my office feels more streamlined.


Reading the latest Clarinet magazine issue.


Took a road trip home for my niece's graduation party.


She's apparently really a cat.


Before driving back to Davenport, I made a stop on the riverfront.



The old Fort.


Couldn't resist. Had a mini photo shoot.


This actually turned out almost as I envisioned it.




Took the opportunity to swing through Trader Joe's on the way to
Ft. Madison. Picked up some goodies.
Freezer foods, a six pack, salads, coffee cake muffins, bottle of wine,
pancake bread (OMG, it's the best!), and some body lotion that smells
exactly like the Sol de Janeiro brand.


Tried to revive this little succulent.
It wasn't doing very well, so I cleaned up the potting soil,
added some fresh soil, cleaned the roots, aerated and gave it a drink.
Good luck little buddy!


Reading Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
It's obviously unrealistic, but it is an exciting read.


Rawk band gig!



Got a nifty beer cup.


Some good skies on the drive home.


Found on the interwebs.
It's hot cicada girl summer.


Another rawk band gig.
Subbed in with another local band.


Wearing my band's t-shirt! 


Used their clip on microphone.
I think I'll look into getting one of these.
It's kind of neat.



Had some spare change, so treated myself to some Bangkok noodles for lunch.
Pretty tasty!


Back in the theatre.


First show of the summer.
Subbing in for the second week of the run.
Tarzan the Musical, based on Disney's version of the
Burroughs novel. I tend to completely immerse myself in
whatever I'm currently working on.



And, finally, I saw this on a tote bag this morning at the farmers
market and it made me laugh. 😂

Okay, off to hack through my to-do list.

Stay frosty, 'Lopes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment