Saturday, May 18, 2024

Here Come the Plants!


How does your garden grow?


Here Come the Mummies!
A band made up of unknown session players.
It has two bari sax players, so they're okay enough for me.


This guy's giving us the hairy eyeball...
The band was in town for a show at a venue I hadn't been to yet,
and though I'd heard of this group, I've not seen them play yet.



So, most of my bandmates and I got tickets and had a 
"date night" to see them rawk! It was fun!



The Mummies are fully disguised, so no one knows who they are.
I fully appreciate the horn section.


It's a spectacle. With stage tricks and horn flashes and drum stick flair.
But all with an impressive level of musicianship.
If they play near you, check 'em out!



The last Cadbury egg of the season.
Till next year, my chocolate yumminess!


Running season is afoot!
Get out the shoes and the running bras, it's time to train!
Have a few races already on the calendar, including a big one in October.


Poor thing. Every day she's convinced I won't feed her.
And every day I make sure she's given food.
It's time for another water clean, too, incidentally.


At band rehearsal a few weeks ago, I got to play around
with a theremin! Pretty neato. It's an instrument you play by not
touching it. The sensors on either side are controlled by how close or
far away your hands are from them. The right hand is for pitch and
the left hand is for volume.


Driving around the backroads of rural Illinois.
Look at that sky.


Derby Day!
Got something to sip while I watch the horse race.
The most exciting two minutes in sports!
The winner, Mystik Dan, won by a nose!
It was a very close finish.


Couldn't resist.
A Derby hat on a horse.
Looking dapper in a snazzy suit jacket.


For Administrative Professional Appreciation day, the boss
took us all to a nice lunch. The restaurant was at the other end of  the
parking lot of the office. A nice Italian place.
I had a delicious shrimp and crab cannelloni with a
Caesar salad. A tasty lunch, for sure!
Thank you!


On the walk back to the office after lunch, I noticed rainbow clouds!
I'd never seen these before and it's really cool!
Shimmery rainbow colours in the clouds!


At another band rehearsal, Saxy, my tenor decided to have a breakdown.
Some duct tape helped to keep it going to finish rehearsal, but I immediately
took it into the service shop for some TLC. 
I don't know why, but my tenor is the most "drama queen" of my whole fleet.
It seems like its goes into service most often.
It gets a lot of use, though, so maybe it just seems like it's needy.


New pair of swim goggles for the weekly lap swim.


Something called an Avocado Bomb.
Tasty. I love avocados. Deep fry it and add lots of
yummy goodies on it, and I'm there!


I didn't take the time to set the camera to the necessary settings to
get any sort of good picture of the Aurora, but I did get to see a
tiny bit of it as a result of the sun storm.


Happy Momster's Day!
Momster and Daddio came up to help with some house repairs,
and Momster and I ran the Distance Classic 5K.


Distance Classic flowers.


This salvia plant has come back this year with a vengeance.
I planted it last year, I believe, and because I try to only plant perennials,
I was super happy to see it come back.
The colour is great and it's grown in big and full.
And it's getting visitors! I've seen bees and butterflies stop to check out the blooms.

My plant plans are slowly starting to take shape.
I have some lily bulbs to get into the ground soon.
And some elephant ears are starting to sprout from last year.


View from the ladder. Dad had brought some gear to fix some
holes in the roof. But, in true This Old House style, he made me do the work.


Not pretty, but it's done.
This is where the covering over the front porch meets with the house.
This should help stop the rain from coming in over the front door.
The house roof doesn't look like this, incidentally,
so don't judge me for the condition of the porch roof!


An early birthday present, I guess.
I didn't ask for one, but my parents took me out to Menards
to get a snazzy electric mower to deal with the yard.
Works great! I'm impressed, actually.
I still refuse to get a gas-powered anything to trim my yard.
Even the weed-whacker is battery-powered.


And, I finally found a shelf that will work to keep all the
winter shoes and boots from wandering all over the kitchen.
It's a weirdly-sized spot next to the door, but I found this little bench
that fits perfectly. And all the boots are now safely corralled.


Stay weird, weird pirates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment