Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Skin Care Revisited

 


It's been a long time since my last skin care update.
My regimen has changed a little bit since last time I posted about it.
Let's pop the epidermis, and take a look.
I am a woman of middle age.
But I still spend a lot of time caring for my skin.
Actually, more time now than when I did when I was younger.

Your skin is your body's first line of defense, and it's what people notice right away.
It deserves care and attention.
Year round, of course, but especially in the cold months,
when our skin can get dry and vulnerable.

All of this can also apply to men, incidentally.
Men have skin to take care of too.


My skin care products tend to skew "clean".
Minimal harsh chemicals (aside from an occasional lactic acid peel),
with a focus on protection and moisturization.

Wash your face every night, at minimum, so you don't go to bed with dirt or makeup in your pores.
Any cleanser that makes your face feel clean and that works for your
skin type is fine. As long as you use it. Even a gentle hand soap will do the job if necessary.

I tend to rotate through the products I find in the Birchboxes (I still
subscribe for), but am currently using the YesTo daily foaming cleanser.
It's gentle, but effective, and washes away makeup and oil.


In addition to cleanser, I love the Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser.
I usually use this in the shower.
Cleanser plus exfoliation. A gentle scrub.

Discovered as a sample in a Birchbox years ago, this has been
a product I've bought since then, because I like it so much.


My use of sunscreen as a daily moisturizer hasn't changed in several years,
but I have switched brands. Supergoop was okay, but after a while I didn't like
how it felt on my skin.

So, after some research, I tried the CeraVe daily moisturizer, with SPF, natch.
It's perfect. Feels great on my skin, provides sun protection, and isn't at all greasy.
Plus, it's not expensive. An affordably priced, effective daily sunscreen is
a fantastic find. And, as pictured, there are store-brand knock-offs available.

I will use a more robust product on days I plan to be out in the sun extensively,
not only on my face, but everywhere else. Banana Boat, SPF 30, as of late.
Double check expiration dates on bottles of SPF, as it can lose effectiveness
over time, and get into a habit of using it often.

It's the only skin you get. For your whole life.
Protect it! 🌞


I low-key love the Origins skin care line, but it's kind of spendy. ($$!)
So I was thrilled to take advantage of a Black Friday product sale to
stock up on some of the good stuff.
Cleansers, serums, lotions, moisturizers. All great. And compatible with my skin.
This treatment lotion is a good option to remoisturize after washing my face.
It's light, and not very lotion-like (it's watery) but I definitely feel a difference
after using it.


Retinol. Encourages skin cell turnover. Bliss has become so hard to
find lately, and it's another brand I like, so I grab it when I find it.
This moisturizer is a good lotion for a few times a week.
Because retinol can make your skin extra sensitive to UV rays,
it's best as a night cream, and then use your SPF in the morning.


Belif is another moisturizer I'm fond of, and have replaced
a few times since the first sample. A nice all-purpose moisturizer.


As a bonus, I'm really enjoying the Outlaw soaps products lately.
I found this company a bit over a year ago, and have re-ordered a few times since then.

The sample set is a great way to find a soap scent that you love.
The theme is western cowboy, and the scents are divine.
Plus, they're quality products. Made in the USA, small company.
The soaps feel nice on your skin and make you feel like you're
wandering around the Southwest desert.

So that's my latest skin routine.
Throw in some eye creams to help with my eyebags, and
the occasional mask or massage, and I'm good to go.

Just add sleep and drink lots of water and you'll look even more
fabulous than you already do! 😙😙

No comments:

Post a Comment