Sunday, January 14, 2024

January is the Cruelest Month

 It's a good time for hibernation.



Finally signed up for the Masterclass thing.
There was a considerable start of year discount, and, as I've
been rather curious about it, I decided to go through it for a year.
I can always cancel before it renews next year.
I've started with jazz lessons with Herbie Hancock.



In a super rare day of two parties on a Saturday in January,
I attended a birthday party for a friend then was invited to a 
local theatre troupe's fundraising gala.
I ran into a lot of people I hadn't seen in a very long time,
and it was nice to catch up with them. Hopefully it won't be
so long until we meet again.


In the silent auction, I won this lovely handmade pen.



Happy birthday to my favorite Daves!
David Bowie's birthday on January 8 and Dave Matthew's birthday on January 9.
Then a day of remembrance for Bowie's death on January 10.
Here is a photo of both of them in the same place for the
2001 Tibet Freedom Concert



I finished a book already about the shipwreck of the whaleship Essex
and have moved onto this book about Mick Ronson.
He was the guitarist for the Spiders from Mars, Bowie's band
during the Ziggy Stardust era.


Christmastime is nice because my fridge is somehow always
full of food.
But normally it just looks like this.
A few premade lunch meals, oatmilk and water, cheese and beer.
And yogurts.


My first taste of DeathWish coffee.
Pretty tasty.
Supposedly has a higher caffeine content, but I don't
really notice a difference.


Yay, snowstorm.
A blizzard. wind and lots of snow, and now very cold.
We were kindly sent home early on Friday from the office,
which was nice, because it took me twice as long as normal to get home.


Then the snow shoveling commenced.
So much snow.



All the time at home gave me an opportunity to
work on a tough puzzle.


1000 pieces.


Completed is an image of the Pillars of Creation nebula.
I admired my work for a little bit, then tore it apart and put 
it all back into the box and started a simpler puzzle.
I have another tough puzzle to tackle after the break.
Speaking of break, I think I finally got caught up on my sleep,
and feel ready to start tackling life again.


Including some old projects.
Like this one I started last year. It was put on hold because
my schedule got busy. But the start of the year is usually fairly boring,
so I think I can finish this one now.

In the meantime, I will semi-hibernate myself, working on
small things until I am ready (and the weather is ready) to
shake myself back to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment