Sunday, July 23, 2023

Keep on Truckin


Hard at work here at Screaming Pines.
Making lists, checking them off, organizing the calendar.
Final preparations for my big trip into the great wide open.




And edible straw.
Kind of like candy.
You can't let it sit in your drink too awful long because it
slowly disintegrates. 
More robust than a paper straw, and no plastic evidence left behind.
Flavour is mild and not unpleasant.
Does not add flavour to your drink.



My turtle, Sam, laid three eggs!


They are not fertilized. No baby turtles are inside.
They will not hatch.
Sammie seems to feel okay though, not egg-bound.
She's eating well and behaving normally.
From what I've been able to learn, this is a normal
occurrance for female turtles.


Happy Birthday to me!
Ack, I'm older.


Spent my birthday in the orchestra pit for Footloose: The Musical


Got some cucumbers and tomatoes from the farmers market.
Made a big batch of cucumber salad.
Fresh and tasty and I ate on it all week. Yum!


Barbenheimer tremors are felt throughout the land.



Got a few new shirts.
From a company called Let's Get This Thread.
I was a bit cautious, because the prices were a little too good to be true.
But my orders all arrived, fairly quickly. Accurate as to what I
ordered and in perfect condition.
I saw this design a while ago, and it stuck with me.
I like it!


Made my way to the Truckers Jamboree this year.
Held at the World's Largest Truckstop on I-80 in Walcott, Iowa.


Finally got to check out the museum.
Seems like everytime I'm out there, it's closed.







It's an REO Speedwagon!
I'd never really connected the dots before, but it's a name of a truck. LOL


After the museum, I donned my cool hat and went out into the warm sunshine to 
check out the rest of the jamboree.


Sun protection is no game with me.


There were rows of themed trucks, a stage and a band, vendor and exhibition tents.
Honestly, not much that really interested me, personally, but I walked around
to take it all in.


After getting back home, I took a short disco nap, then got myself out again
to see a production of Othello
Shakespeare is best experienced live, as it was intended to be seen.
You can, of course, read plays, but they are written to be seen and experienced.
So, it's usually worth your time to see the plays in action when you can.
Because of the language, it's usually a good idea to do a bit of
research about the play before you go. Not only to get an outline of
the plot, but to familiarize yourself with the dramatis personae 
and how they are connected to each other within the play.

It's the same reason you are often given program notes at a recital or
concert: To help you make sense of what you are seeing or listening to.






A friend and I each tried to draw Garfield from memory.
All we got right was the orange striped cat part. LOL
This is my Garfield.


I did not know I needed an Emotional Support Chicken


But clearly I did.
It still screams just like a normal rubber chicken. :-) 




Rounding out the last few weeks with my second show of the month.
The Addams Family: The Musical.
It's funny and challenging and the music is great.
Do recommend! 


The A Team.

 Coming up on just over a month before my Africa trip.
Nailing in the last preparations, double checking my packing list and itinerary.
Can't wait!
🐃🐍🐒🐘🐗

No comments:

Post a Comment