Sunday, June 4, 2023

Bring on the summer sunshine!


Go outside and play.


An easy 5K. I reached my goal of 50 miles for the month of May.



The calendar is starting to fill up.
A couple of shows, some big band gigs, potentially joining another rock band.
25 days to the DMB show in Milwaukee.


There is a Canadian goose on a nest in the water feature near my work office.
I've been watching it everyday I drive into work.
They should be hatching soon!


Took the car through the car wash.
Weeee!


Scrub a dub
I don't do this very often, but Kenneth the Car was starting to get a bit shabby.
I gave it a good vacuum inside too.


Dance gig.


AACK! 



Jazz jam!
Lots of fun with these folks.



An interesting read.
It's about violence as depicted in artworks.
Thought-provoking.
And at times a bit disturbing.
Art should make you think, but should it make you feel nauseated?



There is a park near Screaming Pines. About 2.5 miles away.
That I just learned about. So I checked it out.
It's so great! Lots of trails. Some a bit challenging.
There are bike trails too, for the BMXers. 
I will be spending some time here this summer to walk all of the trails.



So pretty.


Into the woods.





Memorial Day holiday.
Broke out the little grill and cooked my dinner outside.



yum. salmon and asparagus.
Perfectly cooked.


So this made national news.
Over the Memorial Day weekend, an apartment building downtown
partially collapsed. A few days later, I was a total looky-loo and stood outside
the barricades for a closer look.


Very distressing.
Nearly 80 tenants displaced, most now homeless without a chance
to recover any belongings.
And several individuals feared lost in the rubble.
The Humane Society managed to rescue some pets, so at least
some folks got their animals back. 
Imagine coming home to find your house completely wrecked, but
your cat is sitting outside in the driveway, waiting for you.
You'd feel like you managed to save a small piece of your heart.
Well, I'd feel that way.



the pool near my house is open for the season.
Outdoor laps!Yaay!
Feels great on a hot day.
I seem complicated, but it really doesn't take much to make me happy.


I sat in with the Bix Youth Band in Andover, IL.
This flock of geese were a great audience.



Got some new plants in the ground.


Sleepy birdie.

Let's make it a good summer, 'Lopes.
Wear sunscreen, drink lots of water, and be careful while hiking around in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment