Sunday, January 22, 2023

Ho Hum

 


January is so boring.
But I'm trying to make the most of it.



Went to the last night of the lighted display at the botanical center.







Very cold. But a nice time.



Happy Birthday Dave Matthews!!


Happy Birthday David Bowie!!


Some January jazz jammin'.


Three of my most beloved things:
The carboard Bowie ("CardBowie") cutout.
The pith helmet.
The spear from the Zulu parade at last year's Mardi Gras.



Set a goal for January to get 30 miles in for the month.
Walking or jogging. Inside or outside.
Wide parameters to make it easy on myself.
And it's been good motivation to get myself to the gym, because it's 
usually too cold or potentially icy to walk around outside.
As of today, I am at 23 out of 30 miles, with over a week left to
reach the goal. 



I took a friend along to walk around in the cold to see the Icestravaganza.
Ice sculptures!
Here the DJ is spinning on an ice table.
With an ice saxophone and guitar behind him!


Ice Liberty Bell. Complete with crack.


Berlin Wall?
haha
Some research tells me it was the Arc de Triomphe before it fell over.



Icy pyramids. And a cold spot to sit.



Another chilly outdoor walk. Longer mileage is easier outside.



Life is slow at the moment. I'm taking the time to enjoy being 
both a couch potato and a gym rat. Planning the schedule each week,
and starting to hammer away at plans for the year. What shows to
play, what hotels to stay at, what new, exciting things to try or to do.
And researching for my Africa trip.


I found an old book of Sudoku puzzles and have been working through it.
Reading a few books.
Sorting through things. Reorganizing.
Practicing. Need to always practice. Those clarinet parts won't learn themselves.


Round and round the track we go.


Stop for some ramen and sushi rolls along the way.


Take a nap if you need one.
Now's the time to embrace the slowness.

(Yes, I know the glass needs to be cleaned in the turtle picture)


😘

No comments:

Post a Comment