Sunday, December 18, 2022

Deckin the halls

 


Skelly on the Telly!


Winding down the year, but still have lots to do and to be done.


Firstly, I will remind you all that this is the most adorable African grey parrot ever.


I got a second Expedition Subsahara basket.
Blankets in the larger one on the left, and sheets and pillowcases in the
smaller blue one. They are very well constructed, smell fantastic (the sweetgrass, I think),
and aren't too prohibitively priced. I do recommend.
The flat lid also makes an excellent home for FrontSeat Shark when
he isn't exploring the world with me.


With the Elf nonsense dealt with, it was time for Saxophone Christmas!
The seventh year, I believe, for the event.
Here's me and my soprano; haven't missed a year yet!


Speaking of sopranos, here is a part of the soprano section.
Some great friends and sax players, always good to have them nearby.

The sun from the overhead windows was blinding, until the sun finally
moved and we could see again, but it made for a stunning picture.



Finished this book I'd picked up at the start of the year.
I read other books since starting this one, as is a habit of mine, but
finally pulled this one off the table and got the end.

It's an analysis of the last albums from David Bowie.
It discusses the albums, individual songs, the music videos he
managed to make before his death, and his stage musical, Lazarus.

For a serious fan, it's required reading, but it might be a bit
heavy for the casual Bowie fan.


Two years at Kuk Sool Won!
I guess I'll keep going until I break too many feet.


Did you know that when the internet connection is out
you can play a game with the No Internet Dinosaur?
So play a few rounds, then go off to reset the WiFi router.


Band Froot arrived!
yummmm....


Then it was time for the now-annual Christmas Shenanigans night with Tammi.
We started with some tasty food at a great local eatery, because I was craving the
super-yummy smoked salmon street tacos. 



Then a fancy cocktail at the local fancy hotel bar.
This was a whisky cocktail that was delicious.




Big ol bear.


Before the play we planned to go see, we stopped at the distillery
for another set of delicious cocktails. I chose the Whisky Smash, which is
 like a Manhattan I think with a grenadine splash. Loved it.



Then we stopped in at the small black box theater in 
downtown Davenport to see a very chaotic version of
A Christmas Carol.


It was so exceedingly chaotic that one of the actors accidentally
busted one of the set walls. LOL



After the play, we walked to another little bar neither of us
had been to before. The drinks were very good. We both started with
the prickly pear drinks. 





Then we stopped to sing a tune at the karaoke bar.


And, before heading for home, we played some games at 
the arcade bar. My first time playing Pong! haha!


Not quite a winter wonderland, but the bird is wondering what the heck is going on.
Just a small bird in a big world.



The annual donation to the local food bank.
No one should ever have to justify their need for food assistance.
If you need help to feed yourself or your family, please utilize the
organizations available to you. 
And, if you are in the fortunate position to contribute, make a
donation of your own.


Christmas has finally arrived at Screaming Pines.
Couldn't resist this cactus tree. A normal xmas tree just isn't my style.
This is perfect.
And I decorated it with Mardi Gras beads, of course.


Some evergreen swag for the door.


And finally, the first ever Clarinet Christmas!
Just like Saxophone Christmas, but with clarinets!
The circle is complete!





This is crab rangoon roll. It's so perfectly delicious. Yummm
Crag rangoon filling, in a maki roll.


I've never had a hot buttered rum before. So I made one!
Pretty good. 


Also, I've always wanted a hat like this, and I found one today!
Lookin snazzy!
And keeps my ears warm.

Armed with warm headgear and rum drinks, we are now ready 
to enter Christmas week.
🎄🎷🎩

No comments:

Post a Comment