Monday, October 17, 2022

Why Can't I just Smash Pumpkins like Everyone Else?

 


I've ruined October.
By accident, of course.
In fight club (martial arts class) last Wednesday, we were
running around and jumping over mats, when my stupid left foot caught on 
the stupid mat, I heard a stupid pop sound, and my stupid self fell down.
Like a rolled ankle but much worse!


I'll spare you the gnarly bruise pictures
(and the bruises are impressive), but, long story short,
I've ended up in this horrid walking boot for at least a week.
Which doesn't go well with any of my outfits.
After the X-rays, I was told it's an avulsion fracture, which is just delightful.
Look it up. I'll wait.

So now, the two fun running things I had planned for the end of October will
now be reduced to walking activities. I don't think I can run safely again until
at least end of November. Gotta heal the avulsion, then strengthen before going back to normal.




Ended the run of The Producers.
Which is one of the most challenging books I've played.


I got this alien mask at a shop in Point Pleasant. It glows in the dark.
Spoooooky 👽


Got a new sweater. From Long Wharf Supply Co.
It's soft and cozy. Will be perfect for cold winter days.
And it has the cool skull n bones for maximum marine chic.


So be careful out there.
Use your whole foot, not the side of it.
Don't smash your ankle bone and ligaments like I did.

Heal swiftly and carry a warm sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment