Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Bands and a Balloon

 

Welcome to the show!

Finally made it into Alpine Valley in Wisconsin!


Opening act: Nikki Lane
She is very good. Go check out her stuff.


Had pretty good seats.
Cheers!



I didn't bring my camera in, so my phone had to do the heavy lifting
(which is also why the DMB parts of the vlog aren't such great quality. sorry)

They debuted Zeppelin's Fool in the Rain cover.
Rawkin!

A great set, with a lot of my favorite tunes!



Dave solo!
He sang Rye Whiskey, an old cowboy tune, for his solo spot 
(usually in the encore before the rest of the band returns for the last song)
I could watch him play forever...😍


After the show is over...

When I got home, there was still plenty to do.
I'm still working on the house.

Did some painting.


The chimney column. 
It's solid cement, so I can't hang anything on it.
Some blue paint helps to add some definition.
Maybe I'll stencil it...

For my birthday, I treated myself to a new experience!



A HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE!
So Awesome!


Up up and away...


I woke up super early to get myself on the road for a drive from the QCA
to Galena, Illinois to catch the sunrise balloon ride.



Floating over the water.


It's so quiet (when the hot air burner isn't firing)
And it's fascinating how the balloon works.
Just hot air and a nylon balloon attached to a big basket.


Our pilot, Andy.


What a view!
Iowa, Illinois, and even Wisconsin, all visible on a clear day.


Deflation was just as interesting as the inflation.
The balloon has a piece at the top that can be constricted,
like the pupil of your eyeball. When the basket is on the ground,
the top piece is pulled together and the hot air escapes out the top,
which will help deflate the balloon faster, but also keeps it
from floating away again unintentionally.


Champagne post balloon ride is tradition, apparently.
Hey, it's 7am on a Sunday, why not. Here's to your health!







A photographer in the water took our picture.
This is the balloon i was in. I'm in the basket!


Had a gig of my own on the riverboat.


Hung out with the captain for a bit.
Good view in the wheelhouse.


Lynyrd Skynyrd was playing in Moline, and the Momster is a fan,
so we gathered a couple of teenagers (my niece and her boyfriend)
and went to the show.


Very entertaining and well performed.
It was fun!



My bird is so cute.




Completed my 13th consecutive Bix7 road race.
Kind of a Meh finish time, but felt pretty good after.


Patching up some holes in the house.
And doing battle with intruding rats. 
My plagues have gone from wasps. to mice, to now rats.
But I think I have a handle on it. Haven't seen one in several days.
And have set traps to catch the ones that won't die from the poison.


Just hangin around.


Lastly, I have discovered the band Lord Huron and I love them so much.
This album has been on repeat for the past 4 weeks.
It's mood and sound and story is just perfect.
Sort of a folk/cowboy aura with a twinge of the supernatural.

Another round of craziness is coming around the bend, so see ya back here again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment