Friday, October 30, 2020

Gourdi Gras



There is usually some sort of cooking contest at the Office Job 
to celebrate holidays. But COVID put a stop to that.
So, this year, the task was to decorate a pumpkin.
Challenge accepted.



I gave my pumpkin a Mardi Gras theme.
I've been watching  the HBO show Treme lately, and so have been properly inspired
by my beloved New Orleans and its charming culture.


Turns out I didn't need to buy very much to make this vision a reality.
I went to the craft store and picked up a fake pumpkin, some feathers, 
a gold glitter mask, and some flowers.
Then took it all home and used beads and cardboard and colored paper
I had lying around the house to fill in the blank spots.
I also used a lot of glue, and much of the time to make this was
spent by just waiting for glue to dry.


I had a bag of toy dinosaurs that became my bead throwers for the float. 
Yes, those wheels are functional and I made them from scratch!
Some length of dowel rod (leftover from a previous project),
cardboard, a basic axel design and a lot of glue will give you a rolling float!
The float itself was made of cardboard from an unused
 box I found in a closet. 


The mask was the highlight, of course. So I gave it 
the best fall-inspired flair, complete with pumpkins, leaves, 
flowers, and King Cake babies! Don't forget the gator!
Some odd pieces of broken jewelry completed the glittery look.
Go big or go home.


And she won first prize!
Let the pumpkin floats roll!
🎃🎃🎃




No comments:

Post a Comment