Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Squirrel Nut Surgical Poppy


Let's get 2020 started!


  Squirrel Nut Zippers had a show in town. So I got myself a ticket and saw a fantastic live jazz show!
They played great! A band I used to play in covered a few of their songs, which is why I was so interested. They played a bit over an hour set and ended with a tiny second line parade through the crowd that only myself and one other person joined in. Ah well. Good time!

 


On Friday, I met the Amtrak in Kewanee for a day in Chicago.


 All aboard the Red Line to check out a new to me museum...


...the International Museum of Surgical Science!
More academic than gory, it still made for an interesting couple of hours.


The hall of historical doctors.

 
I will do no harm.



Iron Lung. Vaccinate, people!


Hard objects removed from people.
Kidney stones, gall stones.
Eeewww. and Ouch!


Watched a video of a trepanation. It's so brutal!



Tiny reproduction of a dissection theatre.
Look at the hinges on the operating table.
Door to drop the body?



Ye old pharmacy. Press a button and this fella will tell you all
about his job and what he can do for you.


I've been Bean-boozled!

After lunch at Butch McGuire's (the black bean burger is pretty good)
I made my way back to the Loop to get checked into the hostel.
Wandered into the park to check out CloudGate and the ice skaters.




Met up with my friend to get to the show.
The reason I made the trip into town.
To see Poppy on her I Disagree Tour!


The opening act wasn't too impressive, but Poppy's show was awesome!
Her style has changed a lot from when I first discovered her, but I still
like her new stuff. Sort of a cross between K-pop and heavy industrial.


Till next time, Chicago pigeons!


No comments:

Post a Comment