Tuesday, April 2, 2019

San Diego part 2

Another great couple of days in Southern California.

Monday was mostly spent at the harbor, Maritime Museum, or on a whale watching cruise.





The Star of India is part of the Maritime Museum, as well as several smaller ships,
and a Soviet submarine.




 Four of these passageways to get through the submarine.
A lot of stuff in a small tube.

Missile launch.

Sadly, not a successful whale watch. 
But still a great day for a boat ride!




The next day had me on a ferry again to the peninsular
town of Coronado. On the far side is a lovely beach and 
a huge, swanky hotel that I believe has been used in
several movies.



Hotel del Coronado.
The first hotel west of the Mississippi with electric lights.

 At the zoo.

 Botanical building. What a lovely place

 Kind of felt like I'd stepped in Spain or Mexico.
Gorgeous buildings and gardens.






Before returning home to the hostel, I stumbled upon the World
Beat Café in Balboa Park. I was near a bus stop and looked so interesting.
I decided to stop in and ordered the vegan combo plates and a watermelon
kombucha. The tastiest meal I've had so far this trip!
While I was eating, I watched a small group of people have
an African hand drum session.

Stay tuned for Part 3...








No comments:

Post a Comment