Sunday, January 27, 2019

Monday of the Year

Oh my god. January is awful. It's the Monday of the year.
It won't stop snowing, it's so cold, the only thing to do is work and be
bored, and, while watching the Bowie at Glastonbury 2000 DVD (yaaay!), 
rediscovering this collage I made in high school.


I like how it turned out, so it has survived many, many, many purges.

Anyway, the past couple weeks has been a lot of thinking about what
I need to do to hammer my year into shape. 
Reading some books, binge-ing Cinema Snob on YouTube, 
and trying to stay hydrated and moisturized.


This stuff has been pretty good as a day-to-day moisturizer for the winter awfulness.
It's fabulous. It couldn't say so on the label if it wasn't. Bonus SPF!


I ordered a night time skin care package from Birchbox during their 50%
off sale and in it was this Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum.
I totally love it. It is light and feels great on my skin. 
Plus, my face feels smooth and wonderful the next morning!


In addition to a few other gigs rolling through the pipeline,
 I was asked to play tin whistle for a couple days of a local church's
 Irish Lenten festivities.
Which means I have a bit less than two months to become
really good at, and really knowledgeable about, Irish
tin whistle and Irish music. It's a simple instrument, 
but I do need to learn a bit more about the significance
of some of the tunes I plan to perform.

Fortunately, January is nearly over and life may continue as normal.
My whale trip to Mexico will probably be cancelled due to circumstances
beyond my control, but my flight to San Diego is non-refundable,
so I guess I need to start planning a San Diego week, complete with 
rental car for driving to places that aren't San Diego.

Stay warm, Antelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment