Sunday, January 13, 2019

Books and Brainstorming



Tried some artistic photo editing.


Well, it's been a week.

Happy birthday to David Bowie and Dave Matthews, born 20 years and a day apart!
After my deep dive, and some reflective thought, I've decided that Dave Matthews
speaks to me on an emotional level and Bowie on an intellectual level. Dave is
a fantastic musician and song writer, whose style is to be fairly straight forward
with what he's trying to say. Bowie will eventually tell you what he's trying to say,
but he'll take you on the scenic route.


About half way through Inthefrow's book. It is surprisingly
interesting. Her grasp on the evolution of the fashion industry, particularly
with regard to online presence, is really comprehensive and well explained.

I've also learned a new song to play on the piano. It was a tune I'd tried to learn
a year ago, but just didn't have the chops. Now, I can not only get through it,
with a pretty interesting bass line, but also sing the words.
Hopefully the link above will take you to the video.

Next month is our trip to New Orleans to run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon.
I will bring my clarinet to get another music video and have decided on
a Sydney Bechet tune. 

No comments:

Post a Comment