Sunday, October 22, 2017

Renaissance Faire

 For my recorder playing debut, the ELIL Recorder Quartet (which I was invited to join this year) performed at a local Renaissance Faire in the lovely riverside town of Hampton, IL





It really was a great day for a Faire! Not too hot, sunshine, no rain. 



This fellow was not part of our group, but he was well armed with many different period instruments, could play many tunes off the top of his head, and had an extensive knowledge of this style of music.


Fellow ELILers.


There were merchants, of course.
I bought a copper bracelet and some hand made soap.
 

Had to try the axe throw! I also threw stars and knives. The only one I had any success with was the stars, so I guess that should be my weapon of choice.
 

However, throwing an axe is fun. Even if the blade doesn't meet its mark, it could still do some damage to an attacker.
 

Super cute baby goat!
 

In the Viking Village.
 

Viking hut. Looks cozy.
 

Our friend playing an instrument made from an animal horn. Kind of sounds like an ocarina, and has a range of just over an octave.


Got henna-ed. The artist created this freehand. Neat!
 

Fandazzi Fire Circus. Playin' with fire, yo!
 


Bass recorder. And the bass recorder player.
 

Recorder power!
 

In my borrowed Ren Faire duds. Looking good!
Plus, an opportunity to put that red vintage Coach bag to good use.  It worked perfectly and seemed to fit in with the look.
 


Had some free time, so relaxed a bit by the River.
 


Our last set of the day.

I had visited Renaissance Faires before, but this was my first one as a performer. It was a lot of fun and a great opportunity to try new things. 

Good day, fine folk!



No comments:

Post a Comment