Sunday, August 20, 2017

Seattle Round-up

In this final installment of My Summer Vacation we take a look at all the other bits and bobs I saw and experienced while exploring Seattle.


Between the kayak tour, the food tour, and the Underground tour (see previous post) I saw a lot of what Seattle has to offer. Not everything, of course. I feel like I could go back and easily fill another week.

But this is a collection of what I did get to see.

Love these old buildings. This one is in the Market place. I especially like the windows.





Fish tossers.



Front Seat Shark was along for the ride. Gotta chomp the Starbucks!



Seattle public transit is amazing. Lots of options, efficient, and cheap.


Space Needle.


From the top of the Space Needle. Looking out over the bay.


Oh my Godzilla! Look at the size of those spiders! Wait, don't panic. Painted on the roof of the Armory building. Whew!



Chihuly glass artwork. Stunning and beautiful.






My friend and tour guide, Jonathan.


Inside the Museum of Pop Culture. A David Bowie exhibit!


Air guitar. On loan from the Air Guitar Champion.


Fantasy exhibit. Show me Dorothy!


And a Jim Henson exhibit. I got to see Muppets!




Costumes from the movie Labyrinth.


Awesome sculptures down by the pier.
 


Shipping ships loading docks.
 


Bigfoot!
 

If you can't read the signs, this is Ye Olde Curiosity Shop. Part oddity museum, part gift shop.
 

This chicken has four legs.
 

See? Four legs.
 

For a dime you can look at pictures on this stereoscope of a discreet lady taking a bath. Scandalous! Well, for the 1920s this was scandalous!
 

Mummy. There were three mummies. A man, this woman, and a child. 
 

Shrunken head.


Sounder train. We took this train from Tacoma into Seattle.


Swing dancing lessons.

A great week exploring the Upper Left of the U.S. Saw major landmarks and animals I haven't seen anywhere else, learned some swing dancing moves and some Seattle history, met up with an old friend, and drank lots of coffee. I saw the city from the top of the Space Needle and Smith Tower, and then saw Seattle from below. The food was good and the people were friendly.

Where will I visit next?

No comments:

Post a Comment