Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Food: Pike Place Market Style

After arriving in Seattle, WA, and walking mostly uphill for over a mile to find the Jimi Hendrix statue.....

 ....I walked back down the hill to the Pike Place Market! I had a food tour scheduled for the afternoon, so after an obligatory Starbucks coffee drink I explored the Market whilst looking for the meeting point for the tour.





Pretty flowers! Amazing bouquets.


Fish stand at the Market. Home of the famous Pike Place fish tossers!


Gum wall in Post Alley. Kinda gross.
 


Our fearless food leader. Pink umbrella for easy identification. Here we're getting a bit of history before we start eating everything.
 


Hot, fresh, cinnamon-y. So tasty!
 

I am a Greek yogurt fan. This blend kind of ruined all other Greek yogurts for me. Ellenos Yogurt is amazing stuff. So creamy, smooth, not too sweet but not bitter either. Divine! 
 

Britt's pickle. Good flavor! Nice and crunchy.


This was my favorite sample, I think. Seafood bisque from Pike Place Chowder. That's some award-winning bisque right there! A bit of sourdough bread and it was perfect!
 

Beecher's Cheese. Making cheese!
 


A cheese curd and some really great mac and cheese. Notice the penne pasta instead of macaroni. More surface area for cheesy goodness.
 

View of the Observation Wheel from the skybridge. We stopped here to taste...
 

...cherries and candies from Chukar Cherries! We were also given dried cherries but I ate them before remembering to snap a picture. The cherry candies were yummy, but the sugar covered pecan candy was my favorite.
 

What is Seattle without Starbucks? This is the original coffee shop.
I wanted to check out the inside, but there was a huge line and the coffee isn't different from that of any Starbucks dispersed around the rest of the world, so I settled for a looky-loo at the storefront. 
You will notice the original two-tailed siren logo. Yes, she's a siren, not a mermaid.
 


We parted ways after a nibble on some absolutely perfect crab cakes from Etta's. 
It was a great tour with a good mix of tasty nibbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment