Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The Year I was an Internet Meme

 


Let's chat.

I've been a bit busy, so this will be a lot.
Let's get in the mood with some pumpkin spice mead from 
the local meadery. Yum!


Found a story I wrote a long, long time ago for this very blog, but
it's possible I never posted it. Better late than never.
Lotta dead monkeys in this story. Hm.


Got myself to the local orchestra concert for a fantastic performance
of Shostakovich Symphony No. 5. I fell in love with this piece
many years ago when I played a transcription of it in wind ensemble.
An amazing piece of music, and you should definitely give it a listen or three.




Returned to the venue a few days later for a concert by one of my long-time faves:
Brian Setzer!
You know how we all have lists of acts we'd like to see live?
Brian Setzer is on my list.
I discovered Brian Setzer via his big band phase in the 90s and
have been in love ever since. 


He lives and breathes this music, as is evident in his stage presence and mastery of the style.
This was small combo Setzer, with a stand up bass and small drum kit to accompany him.
He can play your face off and look fab doing it!


He did pull out a couple obligatory Stray Cat hits, but mostly played
what he wanted to, including a couple of solo tunes.
What a sound! Very happy to finally see him live!



Check out his Eddie Cochrane T-shirt. 😁



The National Park Service is well worth your attention on social media.
If you don't follow them, do it now!
Informative and very witty.
You will be treated to posts from Ranger Bones, seen here, during the spooky season.


Pause for the scritches.


Trying on Halloween costumes...



Practice your clarinet until your fingers fall off!


An afternoon at the German Fest.
Why does this cookie have holes? Are you supposed to string the ribbon
through them and wear your cookie on your neck to nibble at your leisure?
It was a sort of gingerbread.


German brew


Can't have a German Fest without a polka band.


Including a performance on an alp horn!


I took part in the bier stein holding contest.
I did not win, but got the beer for free so I think I won.


Those steins are heavy when full of bier.



It was much easier when I drained some of the bier. haha


The local YMCA had pumpkins on display.
They were all great, but I liked this one best.


Workout skellies, getting swole.
Responsibly, with a spotter.


Then it was my turn for Halloween fun!
First, the Zombie 5K race.



Much better pace this year, because my foot wasn't broken this time.



Picked up some candy apples. So yummy!


I ate mine on Halloween night, while handing out candy to trick-or-treaters.
Tasty!



Then time to put my costume on and head off to a ball with some friends.



Can you guess what my costume is?


The year I dressed up as an Internet meme!
I'm BARBENHEIMER!


And I won honorable mention at the costume contest!

The t-shirt is from TeePublic. I found the number badge from 
a seller on Etsy, the hat and suit jacket are both second-hand, 
from Goodwill and eBay, respectively.
The dress is from Goodwill; bandana and pink socks are from Spirit Halloween, 
and I found the radiation goggles from Halloweencostume dot com.
Oh, and the wig is from Amazon.
I somehow already owned pink shoes, to really pull together the outfit.

Yaay for duality!

🎃🎃🎃

No comments:

Post a Comment