Sunday, April 23, 2023

uh haw haw haw hauw

 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I saw ZZ Top!
They played at a local theatre and I managed to get a cheap seat waaay
up in the balcony.



The drummer's name is Beard and he has no beard.
Billy Gibbons dropped in to the local music store for a bit the
day they were in town and tried out guitars.
Elwood (who took over for Dusty Hill when he died) sits in
as bassist. He does a fine job and looks a bit like a Muppet
with his beard and hairdo. 


Synchronized rawkin.


Bustin out the furry guitars!


It was a greatest hits set, but it was entertaining and the musicianship was up to scratch.
I recognized more tunes than I though I knew, thanks to years of
listening to the classic rock stations.


It also gave me a chance to try the Thai noodle place next to the theatre before the show.
The rangoons are light and crispy, with just the right amount of filling,
and the noodle dish I chose is lek heng, which had a bit of spice and not too much broth.
The lady at the counter gave me the bowl of soup gratis, and it was so yummy.
😋😋


Another Thai noodle dish at a different restaurant. 
It's been all about the Thai noodles lately.
The soup is a coconut-seafood-spice combo. Quite nice.
I don't know why, but Thai food always feels like meals made entirely of
garnishes. These drunken noodles were delicious though. 


I had a rehearsal in a theatre for a performance. And found this fella!
I don't know what it is, or what it was for, but I love it!


Sorry, last one. 😂😂


Alejandro Skellyton on his stand. Lookin great!
I might paint the base at some point, but for now it's perfect.


Giving the clarinet chops a workout.
Performed at a recital of the horn player of our woodwind quintet.


Got my yellow fever vax. And now have the yellow card to prove it!
Am still in the midst of the typhoid vaccination regimen. One pill left to go and
the course is done. Just a couple routine jabs left to get and I should be have the
health side of this adventure squared away.
Also this week I booked my return flight.
So I guess I'll be coming back home after safari.


Training for the first half marathon of the year.
Gotta get more miles in, and it's easier outside.
It's been cold lately, so I threw on some layers, gloves,
and a hat and got myself out there.


Brrr




The next day's outdoor run was on the bike path on the Riverfront.
Pelicans hanging out on the logs in the shallows.


These geese let me pass without incident.
Luckily there aren't little gooses around or it'd have been a different story.


Am I the only one to see a dinosaur?
😁🐲


And, finally I finished my weekend in yet another theatre,
playing the Reed 3 book for a local High School production of Anything Goes.
It's De-Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment