Sunday, October 17, 2021

The Great Outdoors and Mousecapades

 Set your beady eyes on this.

What the squeak?


Pack yer tent and yer marshmallows, we're goin camping!
You'd think I'd have had enough camping after my trips this year.
And you'd be right! But one more night in a tent won't hurt me.
So, after packing the car with the camping essentials, I headed south to
Delabar State Park.

Momster and my nephews were camping with me.
And after we arrived, selected our campsite and parked the cars,
we started to set up the tents.
Well, I set up my tent because Momster & Co. forgot their tent!
The box had only the poles and the rain fly.
Oopsies.

Well quitting wasn't an option, 
so, using Momster's Jeep and a tree
to prop the rainfly a semi-shelter was achieved.
I think the boys ended up sleeping in the Jeep anyway.
At least it wasn't too cold and it didn't rain overnight!


After setting up camp, we took a walk in the woods.
No Bigfoots spotted. Unfortunately?




Got the fire started, roasted some weiners.
Including the plant-based kielbasa weiner I brought for myself.


Not too bad for fire food.


Jiffy campfire poppin!


It's growing!


Pop pop pop pop pop pop!


Smores time!


MMmmmm.. perfectly toasted.
Kinda crunchy on the outside and gooey and warm on the inside.



Spooky story time!
Muwahahahahaha!




We survived the night, again, Bigfoot-free, and got up extra early
to beat the incoming rain. So a quick pack up and out just before sunrise.


The sky on the way home. It did rain, eventually.


And I saw the sunrise.


It's the spooky season! Alejandro Skellyton has returned!


I finally found an outback hat! They've been oddly elusive. 
I didn't want to pay a small fortune in shipping from overseas or
wherever, but I finally managed to find this one from a vintage boutique
in California. Second hand, of course, but in perfect condition, reasonable
shipping rates and not overly expensive. Love it!


Have I gone too far?
Alejandro, your hair looks different!


AAAAARRRRGHGHGHGHG!
Why must you torture me!


A wonderfully productive weekend.
Got my flu shot, had some maintenance done on the car, worked
some extra hours at job #3.5, tried out the Yamaha digital saxophone,
and played a gig at a country club.


Modelling a new jacket.
Perfect for gig-wear.

And now for some Mousecapades!
I have (at least) one mouse in the house. EEK!
I've had suspicions for a few weeks, but a few days ago
I actually saw the little bugger with my own beady eyes.
While at Walgreens for my flu shot, I picked up some ant baits
(I saw an ant the other day, and wanted to get ahead of that problem)
and some mousey baits.
Saturday morning, I put the ant baits out and decided I could
put the mousey baits out when I got back home.

When I got back home in the afternoon, 3 of the 4 ant baits were gone!
Disappeared! Vanished!
Great, first mice, now poltergeists. Just what I need.
No, the little squeakers probably nabbed them and took them back to
wherever they had decided to nest up.

And today, Sunday, I haven't seen a trace of mouseys.
Did the ant bait give them a tummy ache and they decided to take the day off?
Or did the ant poison kill the mice?


Still gonna keep the mousey baits out. I don't trust the fuzzy jerks.


And, I picked up some repair-the-wall paste and plugged up a few holes.
I suspect they've been using this now-plugged hole as mouse portal.
Time will tell. But I will not be defeated by a bunch of squeakin varmints!


Lastly, I picked up a new microphone!
I am working on a project that I hope to finish by end of month that
required a microphone and multi-track audio recording.
My old microphone seems to have bit the dust, so I got this snazzy
updated version. It works perfectly!



So, off to get my sort of ambitious audio project off the ground, in between Halloween
plans and this coming weekend's road trip. Looking forward to the next couple weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment