Wednesday, September 9, 2020

B.Y.O.


Don't panic and don't forget to bring a spoon.



Before I left for vacay, I found this utensil kit online.
Simply Straws offers this cute, compact unit stocked with
bamboo fork, spoon, knife and chopsticks, and a metal
straight straw with straw brush.


Everything fits in the slim to-go bag, and fits nicely into your
travel kit. I wasn't really sure I'd get any use out of it, but
thought I'd take it along anyway.
I wound up using the straw and the spoon several times
throughout the week of my trip. It was particularly
handy while out in the middle of nowhere Oregon and I needed
something to eat my curry and rice microwave dinner. 
Also in Portland, when I chose to grab a bite from Trader Joe's 
instead of sitting down at a restaurant. Knowing I had
utensils to use made shopping for dinner a breeze.


The straw was handy when I picked up iced coffees or other cold drinks.
One less plastic straw floating around the ocean.
This one is stainless steel, rose gold colour.


Side note: Isn't this towel awesome!
It's one of those Turkish towels that's become sort of trendy lately.
I found it while walking around Bainbridge Island, checking out
the shops. A rug and textile shop had a bunch for sale, and the
price was right, so I picked up this one. 
It's really soft, can be used as a towel or blanket or even a cover-up.

Happy travels!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment