Thursday, September 20, 2018

SPF yo self

Sunscreen.
SPF.
Sun block.

Image result for sun

Use it or you'll fry.

You have to protect your skin. Sunburn is cumulative and can lead to cancer.

After having a suspicious mole removed years ago (turned out to just be a freaky-looking
mole) and after spending many, many hours in the sun as a lifeguard, I made a
more conscious effort to protect my skin from the damaging rays of the sun.

I used a couple different sunscreens this summer and here are the two that I really liked:


BlissLabs Active 99.0 Anti-Aging Series

Bliss makes a lot of good skin products, and I was already a fan before I found this bottle
 (some time in March I think?) and have been using it since. 
It went with me on my short trips and vacations and it's been really effective. 
It applies very smoothly, with no white residue or oiliness and my face has been
sunburn-free, even after the mountain-climbing and the boat rides!

It is apparently now near impossible to get and is redonkulously expensive 
(I picked up this bottle from a clearance shelf in a Saks 5th Avenue)
so good luck trying to get some. 😕

There is still some left here, and you can be sure I will use every last drop!


The other sunscreen I used this summer was Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration
Weightless Face. SPF 30 (which is the minimum SPF I ever get, incidentally)

This sunscreen is also very light, soaks into the skin quickly and is effective.
No redness or burning! I used it under makeup and it seems to double well
as a moisturizer.

This product is still easy to get and is not expensive. So there is a good
chance that I will re-purchase this sunscreen for next year's outdoor adventuring.

Take care of your skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment