Saturday, May 5, 2018

Vegas and Bryce Canyon

I love the desert.

I love the quiet. The solitude. The washed out colors. It's a great aesthetic.

Here is a picture diary of the not so quiet part of the Mojave Desert area.







We stayed at the Luxor. I've always wanted to stay in the pyramid hotel!


 Went with my mom, my sister and Marilyn. I dragged them out of the hotel late at night to see the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. This was my third visit and I still hadn't seen the sign. Everything in Vegas-land is farther away than you think it is. We walked a long way.


The next day we ventured out onto the Strip. Bellagio Conservatory for some lovely flowers.
 


After walking nearly all of the Strip, we hopped on a bus to go Downtown. While there we saw the giant gold nugget at the Golden Nugget, ate lunch at a buffet, then Momster and I climbed to the top of Slotzilla and zoomlined over Fremont Street. It was so cool! 

That night we also took in a dinner show at the Excalibur.

Image may contain: Jennifer Krogmeier and Theresa Carson, people smiling

Tournament of Kings! We ate dinner with our hands and watched knights joust and fight dragons. Good show!
(Selfie mode makes mirror images. Set this photo against a mirror.)


The next day we caught a Lincoln Navigator (via a tour company) to Bryce Canyon National Park.
I can now check Utah off of my list of states visited.
I is really interesting to watch the terrain shift from desert to mountain as we left Nevada and drove into Utah.


Tunnels!


Bryce Canyon is on the North side of the Grand Canyon. 
The colors and the hoodoos (the tall rock formations) are amazing!



Going up.



This place is stunning! So worth the long drive.









Thanks for a fun weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment