Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Windy

I know I just was in Chicago, but the Amtrak is so easy and cheap to use. I had a bigger mission though. I learned more about the tall ship Windy docked at Navy Pier and looked into how to get a chance to sail on ship.


After arriving at Union Station, I took a leisurely walk through the downtown loop to the Riverwalk. It's really a lovely place to hang out by the Chicago River. The path leads all the way out to Lake Michigan and Navy Pier.


Haha! My name is on a boat!


 





Glug glug.



Here she is! A 148 foot four masted schooner.





By being in the right place at the right time, I got to help raise this sail! It was so fun! And a bit of work. It took two of us to raise this end, the "peak" and another two to raise the other side the "throat" (the side at the mast).




A lovely view of the Chicago skyline.






Had to get a cupcake. Rolling Stones, baby!







This street is a popular wedding photo spot. 

Thanks for a nice day, Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment