Sunday, February 24, 2019

New Orleans 2019



Yaay! I made it to New Orleans again!
For this trip, Momster and my sister joined me.


We left the cold and snow behind for slightly less cold and no snow.



After getting into town, picking up race packets from the Convention Center, 
and checking into our hotel, we made our way to Preservation Hall to see a jazz show.


The next day, Momster and I left my sister in town to take a tour
of a nearby swamp and two plantations.


The gators were hiding their cozy holes because it was a bit too cold for them.
 We did not see any alligators.


Our boat guide very informative and entertaining though.
We did see some birds and learned a bit about the plant life.


It got a bit silly.


We then made our way to Oak Alley Plantation.
Before our house and grounds tour we were treated to a
delicious Southern lunch. Starting with salad and this
scrumptious bowl of gumbo.




Main course was an Andouille sausage, crawfish etouffee, and red beans and rice.
I nibbled a taste of the sausage, but being mainly vegetarian I traded the rest of
my sausage for the rest of Momster's etouffee. We were then given coffee and dessert.
Amazing lunch!



On the Oak Alley.


The house.



We then stopped for a second tour at the Laura plantation.
I liked this house a lot.



Named after Laura, the woman in the snazzy Devil costume in the center picture.


We got an informative tour of the house and grounds, with more history of slavery. 
It hits home a bit more when you can put the information into context.



When we got back into town, we had more yummy Creole
food at Mother's Restaurant. Definitely worth a visit! Soooo gooood!


Good timing on our part! Mardi Gras season has begun, which means parades!
This parade was for the Krewe of ChewBacchus. Nerd pop culture meets Carnivale!


It was a Space Farce. HAhahhahaha!


And then we raced. Our third half marathon through New Orleans.
And we finished! My 18th or 19th finished half? I'll have to count again...







Then some unstructured time wandering around the French Quarter.
We ate beignets, drank some drinks, bought beads and coffee.


Bourbon Street!


Brunch at Pere Antoine's. Yummmmm...


And the God-PoBoy from the Verti Mart on Royal Street.

I have a lot of footage from this short trip, so watch this spot for an upcoming vlog!

Thanks New Orleans! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment